At Auto Extract Systems, we offer COSHH testing services that can be tailored to your business’ requirements to ensure that any local exhaust ventilation (LEV) system complies with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Act (2002).
Local exhaust ventilation (LEV) plant tests must be performed at least once every 12 to 14 months (this period is reduced to every 6 months where metallic specks of dust are being controlled).
What’s included in a COSHH test?
Each COSHH test and inspection include the setting up of a LEV record for each item of plant. Each record will contain all the necessary information required to comply with the regulation, which includes:
- Name and address of employer responsible for plant
- Identification and location of LEV plant, process and hazardous substance controlled
- Date of last thorough examination and test
- Conditions at time of test
- Intended operating performance. Current performance. Repairs required to achieve intended performance
- Test methods employed
- Date of the examination and test
- Name, designation and employer of testing officer
- Authentication by testing officer
- Details of repairs carried out.
Secure Client Portal
Our in-house software enables you to access all your plant’s COSHH test certifications in one convenient place through our secure portal. Our support team will also contact you to notify when any LEV extraction equipment is due it’s retest and service and are on-hand to facilitate booking an inspection engineer to visit, when convenient.
In the event of a system test failure, (by not meeting the benchmarked required) our engineers will notify the site manager. A quotation will be issued to restore the extraction equipment back to within the COSHH regulations and the site manager is expected to act on the test’s findings.